SFDR Fund Disclosures
Eir Ventures I AB – Pre-contractual information
- Eir Ventures I AB is managed by the management company Eir Ventures Partners AB (EVPAB), hence being managed by the ESG Policy issued by EVPAB.
- In accordance with Eir Ventures Partners’ ESG Policy, we at Eir Ventures Partners actively assess and integrate social and environmental sustainability risks in our investment due diligence, decision‐making processes and in the management of portfolio companies. We are active shareholders promoting sustainable conduct.
- Eir Ventures is committed to evaluate all new and existing investments in the perspective of Responsible Investment. We believe that integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) perspectives into the investment process is key to evaluate the long term value creation of potential investments as well as of current companies and mandates in our investment portfolio.”
- Adverse Impacts are assessed and documented and is an integral part of the documentation underlying any investment decision.
- As a life science SME-exclusive investor we deem that the major identifiable risks reside within laboratory experiments and production where toxic waste is a potential risk. Additional risks reside within the gender aspects of board and management of portfolio companies. As the life science field is highly regulated by local legislation and international conventions we deem such risks low, while a breach could bring consequences to portfolio company valuation and funding need.
- Our remuneration policies (Eir ventures Remuneration Policy, appendix 1 available on request) discourage risk taking on sustainability aspects.
Article 8 – Environmental and/or social characteristics
- The Fund promotes environmental and social characteristics in accordance with Article 8 in the Sustainable Financial Disclosure Regulation.
- Eir Ventures is inherently promoting longer, healthier lives by investing in technologies and product candidates which prevent, cure or alleviate disease- This is the social characteristics of the fund in accordance with Article 8 in the Sustainable Financial Disclosure Regulation.
- Eir Ventures is by its active ownership promoting ethical and energy efficient experimentation and production of medical products with zero-to-minimal toxic waste generation. This is the environmental characteristics of the fund in accordance with Article 8 in the Sustainable Financial Disclosure Regulation.
- Eir Ventures exclusively invests in life science SMEs in Europe and the USA where the life science field is highly regulated by local legislation and international conventions.
- The attainment of the characteristics is ascertained on the assessement of information provided by the proposed investee and on public information, and the outcome presented in the Investment Documentation. If potential negative impact is identified Eir Ventures abstains from recommending an investment, or if the identified negative impact can be rectified with reasonable effort we will actively, and in close dialogue with the investee, suggest and follow up corrective action(s) through our role as an influential minority investor and our leading role as Directors of the investee’s Board of Directors.