Full ESG Policy
Eir Ventures is a member of the Swedish Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (“SVCA”), the industry body and public policy advocate for the private equity and venture capital industry in Sweden, and has committed to follow SVCA’s ethical guidelines and the principles of United Nations Global compact Further, Eir Ventures adheres to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment and will report annually our implementation via the UNPRI Online reporting tool.
To reflect this, Eir Ventures has developed and adopted the following Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) Policy. We ascertain taking into account potential environmental and social issues throughout our investment horizon spanning from initial due diligence and investment decision, through the holding period, and our exit strategy.
- Promote an appropriate level of environmental awareness and practices among portfolio companies including complying with current environmental law in order to minimize adverse effects.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Energy efficiency
- Sound resource management
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and preventing pollution and supporting the value creation potential in developing portfolio companies in an environmentally sound manner.
Comply with labor laws and encourage competitive employee remuneration, safe and healthy work spaces in conformance with local legislation
- Consistent with applicable law respect the rights of employees to decide whether or not to join a union and engage in collective bargaining
- Support elimination of child labour
- Avoid any kind of discrimination based on e.g. age, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
- Comply with international conventions on human rights
- Implement policies among our portfolio companies for e.g. compensation, audit and risk management which align the interest of owners and management
- Seek to make ourselves accessible to all relevant stakeholders and engage with them either directly or through portfolio company representatives
- Avoiding corruption and other unethical business practices.
- Eir Ventures pays taxes in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations
- We strive to create boards and management teams with balanced gender representation in our portfolio companies
Further, Eir Ventures endorse and support the investor reporting guidelines based on the three guiding principles of:
- Alignment of interest between LPs ad GP
- Governance in terms of team, investment strategy and fiduciary duty
- Transparency in terms of financial, risk management, operational, portfolio and transactional information regarding fund investments